Embassy Theatre Fort Wayne Indiana
Embassy Theatre Expansion
A two-story ballroom, located on the sixth and seventh floors of the former Indiana Hotel, is the centerpiece of the $10 million project. In addition to the ballroom, a new Parkview Health Rooftop Patio offers a stunning view of downtown and a new venue for performances by local musicians. The renovation also adds the Journal Gazette Foundation Learning Center on the fifth floor featuring five new conference/classroom spaces, a new box office, lobby bars, mezzanine lounge, board room and artist dressing rooms.
- May 2014: Demolition on the former Indiana Hotel floors begins (floors 4, 5, 6, & 7).
- September 2014: Demolition Concludes
- January 2015: Construction Begins
- June 2015: Embassy obtains vacated alley from Fort Wayne Parks Department, allowing Embassy to build one-story theatre bar structure along theatre lobby east wall.
- June 2015: Staff moves into new offices on fourth floor.
- And Now 2016: The Embassy Theatre is poised to become the preferred venue for Northeastern Indiana with its new two-story ballroom, rooftop patio, mezzanine lounge, rehearsal space, classrooms and more available for weddings, receptions and special events.
Our company was also previously involved in a major renovation of the Embassy Theatre in 1995 that included expansion of the stage, upgrading of theatre seats and renovation to the Indiana Hotel lobby and mezzanine, which allowed space to be used for receptions and corporate events.